Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First day.



So. First day of college is over (phew) and I’m quite worn out. We had a treasure hunt after all the briefings and stuff (where I was freezing sitting under the air-con!) and it actually turned out not to be the most memorable part of the day lol.

I’m just sitting here typing this into Microsoft Word cuz we don’t have wifi yet here at our apartment. And yep I’m being anti-social cuz my roommate went out with some friends and I’ve yet to go over to the other girls’ room to be a busybody :P Actually kinda concerned about how everyone left the living room air-con on as well as the kitchen lights oops haha.

Anyways, after the treasure hunt we, meaning my group: Yi Ying and Joey (who is the cutest creature ever) walked over to the Public Bank cuz Joey wanted to withdraw some money. And of course, it started to rain. Heavily. Packed some chicken rice to share and I bought a packet of soya bean milk to drink.

Yahh so we dashed through the rain, spilt soya bean all over the place (including on my dress), tried to ask someone to fetch us but she said she didn’t know the way back, borrowed two umbrellas, and continued our epic journey back to our apartment =_= Gosh we were like bedraggled cats caught in the rain. My shoes got filled with water some moreee hope they’re not spoilt cuz I just got done breaking them in!

After the briefing I’ve decided to take Psychology instead of English Lit. Just cause if I end up doing music Psych might be more useful :3 Both difficult subjects and don’t really think I’ll be taking Literature for uni anwyays.

The lecturer who briefed us on Math and Further Math was totally trying to discourage us from taking Further Math lol! He said he didn’t want to see us torturing ourselves unless we’re really really good at math or going to go into those fields that really need it as a subject. Or if you’re a masochist hahah.

Actually felt like taking Chinese as a fifth subject cuz I figured out it’s like, super easy but the lessons are held on Saturday! :’( I don’t think I wanna sacrifice my weekends, even if it’s encouraged to take a language subject because some countries like Germany actually require you to have one if you want to study over there. Gah…

Okay I’m so pissed that our wardrobes haven’t even come yet! I’m living out of my suitcase which is filled to the brim and I can’t find half my stuff wth. Had to borrow deodorant from my roommate today and she just gave the whole bottle to me lol. Gotta buy a new one for her soon. I don’t even have a cup or mug cuz I either can’t find them, or forgot to pack them. No dustbins anywhere either so we just throw our rubbish into this giant plastic bag that was there from our new tables. Oh and the boxes our tables came in are still just sitting here in our living room! O.o

My uber messy part of the room.

None of us have any idea how to operate the washing machine so I kind of think my apartment mates are washing their clothes by hand. I’m gonna bring my dirty clothes back home this Friday hehehe.

So it’s already 8.30 and I’m gonna do some reading before bed! Maybe I can finish Divergent by today. Oh and no electricity after ten today until around six tomorrow morning! :((((( So we’re all probably gonna just sleep at nine something today. Which is appropriate cuz we woke up super early and had a hectic day today. Plus we have to wake up early tomorrow too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment