Friday, April 20, 2012

Criss-crossroads.

So yesterday night, on the way from the airport to the club I pulled up the recordings page on my phone, put on my headphones and listened to every song I've ever played with my friends. Covers of pop songs, Brahms, Bloch, Janáček.. Such good memories of those times I'll never forget :) High school, undoubtedly the best few years of my life. Well.. yet.

Was on the way home from KL just now. Couldn't read because the sun had already set so I pulled out my old iPod Nano that I haven't synced in forever because my current iTunes holds a completely different library and I didn't want to lose all my old songs.

Listening to all those songs I used to listen to made me feel all nostalgic again. I haven't downloaded songs in forever so what I usually listen to is freaking classical music all the time. Was on shuffle mode and the iPod played Fifteen by Taylor Swift. And somehow that made me feel so old. I should be the fifteen-year-old relating to the song, but I'll be eighteen soon and I know that's not old, but compared to fifteen, it feels so old! Like I'm not even considered a teenager anymore. We're always in such a hurry to grow up because it just seems so cool but when you've finally reached that age that you always wanted to be, you realise it's not all that and you wish you never wanted to grow up so badly all those years.

And now I've finished with high school, or secondary school, whichever you please, I realise there is so much I haven't seen of the world. Now I wonder about the future, what will happen to all those familiar faces from school, those you've been seeing almost every day since you started primary school? What jobs will they have? How far will they rise? Will some of them become famous? and you'll see them in the papers one day and tell your kids or spouse, hey, I knew them from school! or Hey, I used to be really good friends with him/her a long time ago! Hah, I'll probably dig up this blog post some ten or twenty years later and reminisce about this point in life that I'm currently at right now.

People you never thought would change have changed in ways you never imagined they would. I suppose change is inevitable, in life. We always hear that but this is when I'm just really beginning to experience it.  We're going to meet all sorts of new people, all kinds of people we've never been exposed to before. Meeting Lee Kuan Yew's niece, for example, made me realise there actually are such people to exist on the face of this earth, and there probably are plenty more, it's just I've never had the misfortune to cross paths with any of the others before. Most probably, there's a whole lot more who are worse than her, i mean, who knows? On the brighter side, there are also loads of wonderful people I've yet to meet and learn from, and I can't wait for that. So much of the world I've yet to experience, so much yet to see.

Well, I suppose I'll end this post here, I've probably bored you to death by now, if you've actually bothered to take the time to read my random rambling thoughts from today. I know this is a change from my normal style of blogging :)


No comments:

Post a Comment