Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Music?

It's funny how different people have different ideas on music. Well here's mine but I'm probably just going to ramble.

You do see comments online on how classical music lovers express their passion and love for classical music but some of them somehow have to throw in remarks like 'THIS is real music! Unlike Justin Bieber's!!' or 'How does this get only 2137 views and Justin Bieber gets 600 million?!!'.

Personally I think classical music and all that posh stuff really is what music and harmony is about, but I don't think it's right to insult other kinds of music out there. Sure classical music has been around for a couple hundred years and will be for goodness knows how many more whereas Justin Bieber will be around for.. well let's just say not as long, but you can't say that JB's music isn't real music. It's not bad music. Maybe it's just not as.. deep? as classical music. But it still is music. Nobody should go around insulting his music. I'm not a Justin Bieber fan btw just using him as an example. :)

Then there are those people who only listen to like, say, rappers and stuff. The so-called 'manly' guys. And they just scorn other genres or whatever. Sure bands like One Direction don't have the manliest guys in the world but please, comparing One Direction and Eminem, I would definitely say One Direction is music. Not insulting rappers, I totally respect them and acknowledge rapping as an art but please, don't say that's the only kind of music worth listening to. It's less.. music-like? More of an art if you ask me.

I'm not sure whether what I've been typing until now even makes much sense or not but.. I'm not gonna delete it. Movin' on.

Let me tell you I once hated chinese music. Like, traditional chinese music. My dad would put on an erhu cd and I would be like yer so horrible turn it off please. Then guess what, in Form 2 I joined CO and found out that chinese music is beautiful in its own ways. I just didn't understand it before.

So just saying, don't go around insulting other people's taste in music. Music is music and what can be so bad about any form of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment