Monday, February 27, 2012

The Hunger Games.

Okay so I've disappeared for a week again. Haven't done so very much but yes from the title of this post, I've been obsessed with the The Hunger Games trilogy :)

First heard about this series through a Youtube video and was mildly interested in it but I'd never seen it in the bookshops so I didn't really take much notice. As well as the Maze Runner btw my next book target! And then last year when we were in Penang for the hyy concert I saw a table in Borders laid with the books but they were kinda expensive :( so i passed up on them.

And then if any of you reading know Joey Graceffa on Youtube, which I doubt you do but never mind, he was totally obsessed with The Hunger Games too. That really sparked my curiosity as to what was so freaking awesome about those books >_< 


Soo then they released the trailer for the movie for the first book in the The Hunger Games trilogy, which coincidentally, is titled The Hunger Games HAHAHAHAHHA (okay not funny). Ahhh really regretted not buying the books in Penang.

Anyway, went to MPH in Jusco last week with Cheryl and Emilia and Emilia and I were talking about wanting to read The Hunger Games, and we were like WHY Ipoh so sucky no sell Hunger Games! Wanna read long time liao now got movie some more! And let me tell you we were standing in the Young Adult section or whatever it's called and were standing right in front of the shelf holding The Hunger Games. =.= Somemoreee we were gesturing vaguely in the direction of the books and were commenting on how teen books are all depressing looking now, you know, what will all the vampires and stuff.

So then we moved over to adult fiction when Cheryl was like, I thought you guys wanna buy The Hunger Games. And we were like they don't sell here also! Haha Cheryl and was like got ah! Over there! Yen Jie bought last week! LOL moment when we discovered we were standing in front them the whole time and didn't even notice. Gahhh.

Bought all the three books :) RM 69.90 I think, not bad for three books right.

Soo yeah I've been reading The Hunger Games this week, just finished the last book (Mockingjay) this morning. Was reading for a long time in the early morning with Emilia who was reading the first book, yay!

Okay quick review: Awesome. Go and pick it up now, if you haven't already. A few pages into the first book and I was hooked. By the first page I already knew I liked the Suzanne Collins' style of writing. FYI: The Hunger Games is an annual event where 24 tributes are sent into an arena to fight and kill each other until only one remains, who is crowned the victor. Ahhh even you don't like gory stuff like me, you'll like it :) I just hope the movie isn't too gory! Oh and Catching Fire isn't as interesting as the first book, but don't be put off because it's sort of just leading up to the third book. Definitely a must-read! I even lost sleep reading the books late into the night =_=

Which actually reminds me, I have had nightmares for two nights because of these books. Gah I think it's only because I read them at night before I sleep.

Go and watch the official trailer for the movie! So excited yay! :D

Extra large poster just for fun! Haha.

Oh and by the way the cast for this movie - exactly how I imagined the characters to look like. Except for Cinna who wasn't mentioned in the book to be black (if I remember correctly), but if I'd imagined him to be so that was how I'd have imagined him to look like. So YES eagerly anticipating the movie :)

I'll be back for more posts on Vietnam soon, if I can still remember what we did lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment